Welcome to the Congress
On 16 and 17 September 2015, the final conference of the project CEMOBIL took place. Using the title "Smart* urban mobility - today and tomorrow", exciting topics to promote electric mobility in Klagenfurt am Wörthersee were discussed.
Smart(e)* Mobility in Urban Areas – Today and Tomorrow
ad*) sustainable – multimodal – achievable – rapid – touchable – electric
to conclude the EU project CEMOBIL
a part of the Autumn Fair and of the exhibition “Sustainability Days”
on: 16 Sept. (8:30-17:00 plus evening reception) and 17 Sept. (9:00 – 17:30) 2015
in: Klagenfurt on Lake Wörthersee, Messeplatz 1, Messe-Centrum in Hall 5, 9021 Klagenfurt on Lake Wörthersee, AUSTRIA
Host: Department of Environmental Protection of the Capital City of Klagenfurt on Lake Wörthersee
Main topics & food for thought
The Congress addresses core issues of smart urban mobility:
- sustainable / long-lasting: A life-cycle analysis deals with the question of how sustainable an e-fleet is.
- multimodal: Distances are travelled using several means and modes of transport
- achievable / affordable: This has been proven by e-mobility as practised actively in municipalities and regions from Oslo to Malta
- rapid / fast: Without waiting time when changing modes of transport
- touchable: Simple to use and to book along the entire distance via smart phone
- electric: Electric or zero-emission vehicle drive systems
- Keynote: Prof. PaoloTumminelli, the design star in the e-mobility scene, on the future of the automobile
- Brand-new study “The New World of Transport” – presented by its author Weert Canzler
- Site visit: Klagenfurt’s e-vehicle fleet and infrastructure
- Parallel exhibition “Sustainability Days” (see Exhibition)
- Poster promenade (see Speakers)
- Test drives with e-vehicles
- Citizens’ participation / World Café
- Evening reception in a unique natural and cultural setting
- Sunny autumn days on Lake Wörthersee in Carinthia
Ute Hofstätter-Pichler, ORF Carinthia, will guide through the programme.
Who should participate?
This international Congress brings together mobility, urban planning, traffic, transport and environmental experts from public administration, science & research, business and politics, CIVITAS members as well as Carinthia’s population. For the latter, as important stakeholders from the users’ side, a special Congress session has been reserved (see Programme)
Participants benefit by
- receiving substantiated information from different perspectives
- exchanging ideas in discussions among and with experts
- gaining early knowledge of innovations
- networking within the science community
For guests from throughout Europe, simultaneous translation will be provided from German into English and vice versa.
A matter of particular concern to the host is to enable all those interested in this environmentally highly relevant issue to meet in the “spirit of sustainability” by organising the Congress in compliance with the criteria of the Austrian eco-label “Green Meeting”.
This will be reflected, for example, by:
- offering eco-friendly mobility to its guests
- regional, seasonal and organic food
- eco-friendly procurement
- following the motto “less is more” in distributing Congress documents and advertising material
- displaying sustainable products and services
All Congress participants are invited to support these “greening“ measures and to partake actively.
If you have any questions on this initiative, “greening officer” Gabriele Meßner-Mitteregger will be available before and during the event: email@example.com
Phone +43 (0) 664 405 42 08
Encouraging the up and coming generation
In line with the title of the Congress, tomorrow’s stakeholders are promoted: The host reserves a contingent of 20 free tickets for persons up to the age of 30 and offers participation in the Congress at very favourable conditions (see Registration).
Moreover, contributors to the Poster Exhibition have free admission and, in addition, the chance of wining a prize (see Speakers) – a good opportunity for first authors to present themselves to an expert audience.
Early bird bonus: EUR 90.00 upon registration by 15 July 2015.
Special conditions are granted to CIVITAS members, CEMOBIL project partners, pensioners, students and apprentices.
Participation in the Citizens’ Part is free of charge.
CEMOBIL Project Management
Municipality of the Capital City of Klagenfurt on Lake Wörthersee, Department of Environmental Protection
CEMOBIL Project Organisation
Organisation & Communication
Green-Esprit “Sustainable Event Management”
Phone +43 (0) 664 / 405 42 08
Citizens’ participation: Carinthia’s population is invited to vote on which presentations and topics should be given preference in the Citizens’ Part. For more, see Programme.
The call for posters and presentations by experts as well as by Carinthian citizens and pupils is still open! The first 3 Carinthian citizens who submit a poster may use an e-car, an e-bike or an e-scooter for test rides free of charge for a week. For more, see Speakers.